Joe Summerville, Founder
It takes more than just sandbags to protect our communities from disasters. It takes a plan. Joe Summerville is a planner. He’s in the disaster planning and readiness business and knows how important it is to be prepared. Billions of dollars in property damage and loss of lives from floods and other disasters occur every year in the U.S. and throughout the world.
While no one can prevent these natural disasters, the SandBadger equipment was created to mitigate the effects of such disasters. Joe Summerville has experienced first-hand the human suffering and property losses at the front lines of flood control and post-flood rehabilitation.
Because of these experiences, Joe has spent many years developing the engineering concepts for the SandBadger. He has ten years experience in various positions with the Riverside County Flood Control District in California, as well as in business management, supervision, sales and project development.
- Encroachment Permits Inspector for the District’s public right-of-way and private property development of Flood Control inlets structures. Supervised and enforced the District’s engineering construction specification requirements with general contractors.
- Flood Site Emergency Manager: Managed the District’s site emergency operation to protect private property and County Flood Control rights-of way; also managed equipment operators and sub-contractors at Flood Control sites.
- Equipment Operator of a several types of construction machinery for District’s facility management division.
- Facilities Management Inspector: Inspected all the District’s flood control rights-of-way facilities. Submitted facility maintenance reports for the District’s public rights-of-way records program. Managed/analyzed maintenance request reports to maintain District’s flood control facilities.
- Worker Safety Officer: Conducted and assisted supervisors with weekly Worker Safety employee meetings required for all equipment operators and facility maintenance workers. Conducted routine “safe work practices” analysis and training required by all public agencies and county departments.
- Education: Attended college in Riverside, California for Construction Technology with studies in Contracting and Construction Management as a Building Inspector and project manager. Business Management with studies in Advertising and Marketing, along with business operations management.
Contact Joe Summerville at 619-288-4377 to learn more info.
Joe Summerville, CEO of SandBadger Corporation, is pleased to announce that Edward Budreika has been selected by the firm as VP of Business Development. Prior to joining SandBadger Corporation, Ed was a Senior Account Executive with Pacific Capital Partners, Inc., and later at Sintra Capital Group, Inc. in La Jolla, CA, specializing in first stage funding for public and private offerings.
At SandBadger Corporation, Ed intends to concentrate on first and second stage funding, working with private investment banking groups, where he expects to greatly benefit local communities in the United States, the U.S. Military organizations, and internationally; via the deployment of SandBadger’s automated sandbagging machines and disaster preparedness equipment.
Edward was born and raised in Boston, MA and is a graduate of Harvard University, with post graduate studies completed at Boston University and Harvard Medical School. He did medical research at Children’s Hospital Medical Center in Boston, specializing in neuroscience and biochemistry.
Budreika served worldwide as an Officer in the U.S. Navy for 8 years, including 3 years stationed on the USS Enterprise, CVN-65, nuclear aircraft carrier, in the Naval Aviation field, and as Operational Test Director at Deputy Commander Test and Evaluation Force Pacific, prosecuting project development for shipboard communications systems, and anti-chemical, biological, and radiological, over-pressurization and filtration systems.
Budreika is a true entrepreneur. He is passionate about helping exceptional projects and equipment come to profitable fruition and benefiting the investors and the recipients. SandBadger Corporation’s sandbagging equipment will save money and lives for the communities and organizations involved.
Contact Joe Summerville at 619-288-4377 to learn more.